Rough Cut Two

This is my second draft of my video:

What I have changed from my first draft:

  • Fire Aspect.
Originally, there was no aspect of fire in my video. I had created a different idea that revolved around a more optimistic outlook on a relationship. The main character messes up, acknowledges this and goes to find their ex, who presumably gets back together. The addition of the fire made the longer length of the clips more interesting and added pacing. It introduced a more bitter storyline and created more of the idea that a relationship is built on two sides. 


What I still need to change:

  • Photo editing.
There are a few minor areas in the ultra key that are a little off in the editing. There is a particular moment when Megan is in the street, where the picture is not framed right and you can see the black edges of the underlying clip. I want to zoom this in slightly so that this black goes away. This is not difficult to do, and won't take me too long at all. 
  • Trim clips. 
This is an issue to do with the same clip as previously mentioned. In this, the clip is slightly too long and you can see the actor laughing towards the end. I am going to remove this and perhaps extend the next clip, as I feel it loses its sense of atmosphere if you can see the actor reacting. 
  • Centre titles.
In the beginning, the quote is not centralized and is aesthetically unpleasing. I am going to change this, and try to centralise it more. This may prove to be difficult to do, however, as the masks that allow the titles to come onscreen smoothly are fixed and if I move the titles, I have to move each mask separately. There are at least 50 masks there and it will take me ages. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Post 57) Feedback of final cut